2006/10/06 14:25 Bill Hefley, Carnegie Mellon University, SSME - Education for the 21st Century Conference, IBM Palisades, New York
Services Science, Engineering and Management Conference, at IBM Palisades, October 6-7
This digest was created in real-time during the meeting, based on the speaker's presentation(s) and comments from the audience. The content should not be viewed as an official transcript of the meeting, but only as an interpretation by a single individual. Lapses, grammatical errors, and typing mistakes may not have been corrected. Questions about content should be directed to the originator. The digest has been made available for purposes of scholarship, posted on the Coevolving Innovations web site by David Ing.
Intro by Jim Spohrer
Director of ISQU at Carnegie-Mellon University
One of the first maturity models for outsourcing, not just from the supplier side, but also the client's side
Carnegie Melon University
IS program in university?
- How about one in the humanities college?
- Only Carnegie Mellon, and a Belgian University
Have lots of Master's that fit in with SSME
Want to talk about legitimizing what we're doing
- Made lots of transitions between departments
- Would like to make it easier for student that for me
- Member of the American Psychologist Association, have a section on Organization Psychology, and they won't let me be a member
Dealing with interdisciplinary, but also multi-disciplinary, e.g. dealing with an individual consumers
- Not just what IBM means, where large organizations
Have to have grounding within the discipline, as well as working across disciplines
Where do we publish?
What are the things we can do
- Don't think should convert everyone, still need specialists, but do need people that can bridge between the tents