2006/10/07 09:20 Christos Nikolaou, "Progress Report on Efforts towards a Research and Education Agenda for Services Science in the EU and Greece", SSME - Education for the 21st Century Conference, IBM Palisades, New York
Services Science, Engineering and Management Conference, at IBM Palisades, October 6-7
This digest was created in real-time during the meeting, based on the speaker's presentation(s) and comments from the audience. The content should not be viewed as an official transcript of the meeting, but only as an interpretation by a single individual. Lapses, grammatical errors, and typing mistakes may not have been corrected. Questions about content should be directed to the originator. The digest has been made available for purposes of scholarship, posted on the Coevolving Innovations web site by David Ing.
Christos Nikolaou, University of Crete, "Progress Report on Efforts towards a REsearch and Education Agenda for Services Sciene in the EU and Greece"
When say EU, should say European Commission
Funding, like NSF:
- Network on complex systems
- In Europe, primarily a community of physicists, now getting economists and computer scientists interested
- One day workshop that didn't get anywhere
- Should be looking at microscopic and operational level
- Relationship between organizations and services
- Bridging the business-IT gap
- Yes, many working groups