Services Science, Engineering and Management Conference, at IBM Palisades, October 6-7
This digest was created in real-time during the meeting, based on the speaker's presentation(s) and comments from the audience. The content should not be viewed as an official transcript of the meeting, but only as an interpretation by a single individual. Lapses, grammatical errors, and typing mistakes may not have been corrected. Questions about content should be directed to the originator. The digest has been made available for purposes of scholarship, posted on the Coevolving Innovations web site by David Ing.
Javier Reynoso, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, "The Evolution of Services Management in Latin America: Building an Academic Program"
- Scientific development: What are services in a Latin American content, at the bottom of the pyramid
- Academic development: Certificate programs
- Competitiveness of service businesses in Latin America: students in action research projects
- Need to have a systemic view of services organizations
- Need to understand distinctions between IT services management and services management
- Need to integrate management areas before integrating sciences
Services in private sector?
- Yes, increasing flows into Latin America: airlines, hotels, banks
- Began under the Salinas regime
Acknowledge different perspectives or find a problem to solve.
[Back to presentation]
Focus one level at a time, e.g. services science, but what is a science? Epistemology, philosophy of science
Need to see other service sciences without necessarily IT bias